Convenient Crockpot Meatloaf: Set it and forget it.
The Crockpot revolutionized cooking. Although our Homestyle Meatloaf and Petit Filet of Beef Tenderloin come from the grocer ready-to-cook in oven-safe aluminum trays, we think slow cooking rules too. We love the idea that we can put scrumptious ingredients in our Crockpot in the morning, work our tails off all day, and dinner is waiting for us when we return home.
Pot roasts, chickens or thick cuts of meat are all delicious when prepared in a slow cooker, but if you're craving meatloaf don’t worry, a convenient Crockpot meatloaf recipe does exist. Using the leanest ground beef will keep your meatloaf on healthier side. Ground turkey would also work nicely. We recommend placing the meatloaf on a steel vegetable steamer to prevent it from swimming in pool of grease.
- 1 1/2 pounds very lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup soft torn bread crumbs (helps hold crockpot meatloaf together and makes for moist succulent results)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, onion, egg, mustard, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and 1/2 cup ketchup.
2. Shape mixture into a ball and place in slow cooker.
3. Spread remaining ketchup over top of loaf. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
4. Serve with mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable to your favorite people.
Cook’s tip: Spray crockpot interior with non-stick spray, I prefer olive oil flavored, so your crockpot meatloaf does not stick.
Crockpot meatloaf, it's convenient and delicious not to mention easy to prepare and will put a smile on your family's faces. Now you can indulge in comfort food when you need it most, in the middle of the week.