Easy Meatloaf Recipe that Your Family will Love
Yes, meatloaf is simple to prepare and cooks effortlessly in the oven which makes it a great choice to make for dinner when you're not feeling like Paula Deen. But this meatloaf recipe is not only easy to prepare and a sure crowd-pleaser, but it's also practically fool proof.
On most days, I have the few ingredients that this recipe requires on hand. So on those occasions when everyone is home for dinner or neighbors drop by, I can easily make this delicious meatloaf recipe and still have time to visit.
This recipe takes only 10 minutes to prepare and cooks for about an hour - allowing quality time for visiting while it’s in the oven.
Prep Time: 10 min
- 2 lb. lean ground beef - I use 2 lbs. because we love leftover meatloaf sandwiches.
- 1 package. (6 oz.) Stuffing Mix for Chicken – I love mixes with lots of herbs, but use your favorite.
- 1-cup water – You could also use milk or half & half, if you want to be really decadent use cream.
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce (divided) – I sometimes use a spicy BBQ sauce to give the meatloaf extra zing.
Five steps make the easy meatloaf recipe suitable for little helpers, not mention they don't mind getting their hands messy in the mixture.
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Place ground meat, stuffing mix, water, eggs and 1/4 cup barbecue sauce in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly by hand. Remember, a cook’s best tool is a pair of clean hands.
- Shape mixture into a loaf shape in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Top with remaining barbecue sauce and bake 1 hour or until done, internal temperature should be 160 degrees.
- If your meatloaf is browning too quickly, loosely tent it with foil until it’s almost done, then remove the foil.
- Use X-large or Jumbo eggs otherwise your loaf may be too dry.
- Make a quick gravy by adding pan drippings to a butter and flour rue. Goes great with meatloaf’s best friend; mashed potatoes.
This is a great easy meatloaf recipe to modify for personal taste. One my family really enjoys is this Italian twist on the normal easy meatloaf recipe.
Italian: Substitute one pound of ground veal for one pound of the ground beef. Substitute Italian seasoned breadcrumbs for the stuffing mix, substitute your favorite jarred pasta sauce for the BBQ sauce and top meatloaf with slices of Mozzarella cheese the last 10 minutes of baking.